Check out these amazing chocolate recipes!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and margarine/butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to sugar mixture.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick slides out clean. Don't over-bake.
- Top with your favorite chocolate frosting (or white sugar icing) before serving.
Caramel Cake Delight
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Combine water, butter and cocoa in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture boils; and continue to boil for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs and sour cream; beat until well blended.
- Add cocoa mixture; beat just until blended (batter will be thin). Pour into greased pan.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Remove from oven and top with your favorite chocolate frosting (or white sugar icing) before serving.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 and 1/2 squares of chocolate
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. gelatin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup cold water
- In top of double boiler melt chocolate squares and add 1/2 cup sugar.
- Mix well and slowly add gelatin soaked in evaporated milk.
- Scald and stir until blended.
- Chill, add cold water and freeze.
- Beat with egg beater once during the freezing.
- Serve with or without whipped cream.